Friday, December 19, 2008

I'll Sow YouMine...


Natashya from Living in the Kitchen with Puppies extended an open invitation to everyone who would like to share their collection. Now Natashya has quite a collection of cookbooks like I've never seen before.

This is my small collection. I am not complaining, or not I do not want anymore cookbooks. My collection has quite enough to keep me entertained for a while. Besides, where in the world could I find a better collection of tried and true recipes than right here with my blogosphere friends on their blogs?

I have tried and posted many of your recipes and hope that you know I do it out of admiration and in accordance drool factor.

I usually do not post on the weekends, but in the spirit of the Christmas Season, I have some Christmas videos I hope you have time to stop by and view.

I'm hoping to make my Raspberry Truffles Sunday and if I do I'll post them Monday.

Have an wonderful weekend and enjoy the Reason for the Season!

11 comments:

gigi said...

I would be so embarrased to show my cook book colection. Shame on me. (I'll think about it) I can say that I have gotten probably half of them as gifts and I did WIN one!! I had a great time last night reading my new cookbook that I won from you. I'm half way through it and have ear marked a half a dozen pages to try out soon. You were right about them being quick and easy. That's me quick and easy! (maybe that's not such a good thing, I mean in the kitchen I'm all about quick and easy)

You have a great weekend too. Merry Christmas!

NKP said...

Cajun cuisine is one that I don't really know much about at all.
The nice thing about a smaller collection is that they get the attention they deserve! Like a mother with too many kids, I am always feeling guilty for my benign neglect! Not that it stops me from collecting though..... oh well, we all have our vices. :)
I look forward to learning more about your regional cuisines from you.

Debbie said...

I'm with you Katherine, many of my recipes I find on the net on other food blogs. I do use my cookbooks but check out other blogs as well adn try their recipes. It's really lots of fun!! Have a great weekend. Looking forward to the raspberry dessert!

Marjie said...

I have 3 or 4 feet of cookbooks, some of which are really useless. Maybe I'll follow your example....if I get my kitchen back under control! Have a great weekend.

Reeni said...

My collection is about the same size as yours. But since I'm living with my parents right now I have access to my Mom's huge collection which is really nice. I like looking at them and getting ideas. It's hard for me to follow a recipe as is, I always want to change it to suit my own taste. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend!!

Pam said...

I love cookbooks. My mother just sent me boxes of her old books. I am so excited! The cajun cookbook would be great to read.

Gladys said...

I too love cookbooks but very rarely use them. I'm a fly by the seat of your pants cook. I rarely make anything the same way twice.

I do however love reading cookbooks and dreaming of being Paula or Martha or Rachel...

Anonymous said...

My favorite cookbooks are not the ones with large, glossy photos, but instead those published by church & civic groups, compilied by real women, rather than in a test kitchen...My collection of those cookbooks is shrinking, as my daughter keeps "borrowing" them from me and they never seem to find their way home. *smile

susan said...

woah, ur cookbooks are beautiful! you have about as many as i have, but mine are all revolve around baking :)

priscilla joy said...

We don't have too many cookbooks, but I too love finding recipes on the blogpsphere!

tavolini said...

You know, I honestly don't have any of those cookbooks. Its interesting because usually I overlap with at least one or two...which is your favorite?