Tuesday, July 19, 2011

French Coconut Pie

Does coconut pie make you swoon?  This is my first attempt at making one of the many varieties of coconut .  Paula Deen totally rocked this recipe!

So easy, so quick and very good, at least the itty-bitty piece I was able to score once my family descended on this pie one cold, snowy January afternoon.

1/2 stick of  butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 cup milk
1 (9-inch, deep dish) unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, flour, sugar, coconut, and milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake until firm, about 45 to 60 minutes.

So easy, so amazingly delicious!

 



7 comments:

pam said...

I'm not a big coconut person, but hubby would love this!

The Blonde Duck said...

I MUST make this. IT sounds so much better than coconut cream pie!

gigi said...

Coconut is my FAVORITE! and this looks like less calories than my recipe :)

tamilyn said...

This would a good change of pace for Dude. Usually I make coconut cream for him

Lynn said...

I made this same exact pie (not for the first time) at my son's request for his 15th birthday this week. Such a fabulously easy and delicious pie!

Debbie said...

Coconut pie is one of my all time favorites. I would love to have a fork and dig into this pie all by myself!

The JR said...

I'm suppose to make my husband one of those coconut cakes for his b'day....I might try to sneak this in instead...