Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gooey Butter Cookies

Priscilla at Priscilla's Baking Adventures posted this cookie recipe on her blog a couple of weeks ago. These cookies looked like something even I could bake.

I made a batch and they were gone in minutes, I was lucky to get two pictures of them. This was a hit with the homegirlz. In fact it's been a hit with the whole subdivision!

Try these cookies, you will be addicted!





1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 c. powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix & stir until well blended.

Powder sugar your hands well. Roll into 1" or 2" balls and dust balls in powdered sugar.

Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets (Siplast and parchment paper work well too) . Bake for 10 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet for 3 minutes or more before removing to cool on wire racks.














Blond Duck from A Duck in Her Pond gave me this award. I think most of you who visit and comment on my blog also visit Duckie and know how talented she is and hopefully when she's famous she'll remember little people like me who knew her when. If you haven't visited Blond Duck's blog then you need to get over there and start reading her remarkable, incredible and whimsical stories. She also loves food and is a terrific cook and baker.


Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:~ inspire you~ make you smile and laugh~ or maybe give amazing information~ a great read~ has an amazing design~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:

* Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.

The five Uber winners are:

1) Gigi, is an uber-upper and makes me laugh. I enjoy reading about her family and she's uber devoted to her sweetie.

2) Reeni, is an uber-baker and makes me believe I can actually bake.

3) Debbie, she finds the most uber-delicious recipes and shares them with us.

4) Mrs. G , she uber real and uber funny and deep down she's a sweetie too.

5) Priscilla, for her uber delicious cookie recipes. I am making fore cookies than I should, but hey it's the holidays!

19 comments:

Debbie said...

I made a very similar cookie last year with a cherry in the middle. They were great! Very festive at Christmas time.....Thanks for the award...you are so sweet!!!

gigi said...

I just can't believe it, again! ((blush)) Thank you, Thank you!! It's nice to give and receive especially at this time of year. (wink)

Maria said...

Gooey and butter these must be good:)

Michele said...

I've made cake mix cookies before, but always with chocolate cake mix. I'll give these a try over the weekend. I'm sure that we will have the same results and they will disappear quickly.

Reeni said...

Those cookies look so good, I bet they just melt in your mouth, yum! Congrats on your award, you deserve it, thanks for passing it on to me. I believe in you as a baker, look at these delicious cookies!

Marjie said...

That these cookies were gone in minutes is an experience you've probably never had. And that's why I drool over and never make cookies. Multiply your homegirlz by 5 and see how long anything lasts!

Pam said...

I saw this recipe on Priscilla's site too. They look so good - how can you go wrong with butter cookies?

MissGreenTea said...

A great recipe to make this week...very simple and looks delicious. Yummy.

anudivya said...

Those are super rich and flaky I would think... Very nice.
Pretty pics.

Anonymous said...

In a word...

D
R
O
O
L
!

Congrats on your fabulous award!

Anne said...

Congrats on the award! The cookies look wonderful with the cream cheese, too- yum!

NKP said...

Cream cheese just makes things wonderful, doesn't it?
Congrats on your award!

priscilla joy said...

yum, Katherine. these look so good. your ligting came out better than mine...mine didn't turn out so yellow. they look delicious! thank you also for the award, i love getting them. it will be on my next post!

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

Mmm, they look very tempting.

gigi said...

Oh my gracious!! I'm in trouble. I LOVED these cookies! I made them last night. But I'm giving them away this morning to the Pre school teachers. I think I ate 5 last night and I've already had 2 this morning. I CAN NOT be trusted. I've already started to plan makeing them with a chocolate cake mix. I don't see why that wouldn't be wonderful too. I don't have a sweet tooth! I have a sweet bunch of teeth...

April said...

Yum, these look great!

Congrats on your award!!!

gigi said...

I made these last night with a chocolate cake mix and didn't like them at all. Oh well, I tried :)

vanillasugarblog said...

wow those are really easy cookies to make! never heard of them...are they really breakable? I'm wondering of making them as holidays gifts in cookie trays. I just want something easy this year.

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt about these cookies can addict! looks delicious!