Friday, June 3, 2011

Chive and Cheddar Biscuits

Imagine my surprise when I found a package of washed chives in the fridge from a couple of nights ago that I had forgotten about.  I couldn't let these babies go to waste so I put them on the counter and thought about what to do with them.  Something easy, something that wouldn't  require a huge commitment.

 Remember my Favorite Biscuits?  A couple of additions and talk about awesome!  So now you know how versatile these biscuits are.

2 cups self rising flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped Italian Parsley (optional)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1½ cups heavy whipping cream

Don't have have self-rising flour, no problem!  You can turn your AP flour into self-rising flour in a snap! For each cup of self-rising flour, use one cup of all-purpose flour and add 1-1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.


Mix all of the ingredients together until dough forms a ball using a fork or your hands. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for about 1 minute. Roll dough out to ½ inch thickness and cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Siplat and bake at 425F for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.

Have a great weekend and use sun block!




7 comments:

John Roberts said...

Yes, in this era of the Obama economy, we cannot be wasting anything, including our chives! Thanks for this delicious, and might I add, patriotic dish for these desperate days.

Pam said...

Hey stranger - hope all is well!

The biscuits look so good... I know I would eat way more than I should.

teresa said...

so yummy! i could eat a whole bunch of these!

Jennifer said...

What a great idea, hope you are enjoying some great weather!

MaryBeth said...

These sound amazing...give me a handful and some soup I would be a happy girl.

The JR said...

We luv biscuits....I think it's un-Southern not to luv them.

Chris said...

You ain't just chive talking :) These look like some great biscuits.