Thursday, September 24, 2009

Egg Flower Soup

Through the Tastemakers program at Foodbuzz, I was offered some merchandise from Asian Food Grocer. Asian Food Grocer is one amazing website! I have a strong fondness for Asian cooking and Asian food, so you can imagine my eyes got big and I felt just like the proverbial kid in a candy store. So many exotic products that I drool over when I see them on your blogs but can never find locally. Asian Food Grocer is the answer to my Asian cooking prayers!


Besides the exotic, they carry a wide array of pantry staples at very reasonable prices. Each and every item I ordered was neatly packaged and delivered in a matter of days. Go check out Asian Grocers, I bet you'll add them to your Favorites.


With cooler weather on the horizon, my craving for soup is calling.



Egg Flower Soup sounded and looked very appetizing, I had to get a pack. Talk about fresh tasting and easy to prepare! Less than 15 minutes and you're done. Serves three



Pour the contents of the envelope into a medium sized pot. This is just too easy, even the homegirlz can manage this.

Whisk in water, I think it was 2 cups. I really don't remember, but the package tells you how much, so it's all good. Once everything is thoroughly combined, let it come up to a boil.






While you're waiting on the water to boil, whisk one egg and set aside.



Once the water comes to a boil lower the heat and let it bubble for 5 minutes, then add the egg and stir in ONE direction. This is very important for the authentically cool Asian egg effect.



Doesn't it look like you're at your favorite Asian restaurant?



Now you can sit back and watch the New Orleans Saints stomp all over who ever they are playing this week or curl up with your favorite movie, because you just made takeout at home!




26 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yummay, looks delish, I have always been afraid of those packets but now I am ready to try one!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

FREE STUFF

WHOO WHOO
And you made it sound so easy

Lea Ann said...

This really looks good. I'll pay more attention to the "packets" next time I'm browsing the Asian isle. Thanks for the post.

Bunny said...

I think even my kids could do this, and it looks so good! Thank you, I'll check out the site!

Gladys said...

Love that. I love hot and sour soup and if it wasn't so dinged danged hot I would make some.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yum Katherine... Looks delicious!!!!

I have 3 sons.. One is a HUGE Saints fan (since we lived there when he was in high school). The other two are Texan fans--and I'm a Titans fan. We have many interesting discussions these days. HA..
Hugs,
Betsy

tamilyn said...

This looks interesting. I will check out that site. Thanks Katherine!

The Blonde Duck said...

I like it because it has flower in the title.

April said...

It does look yummy!!!

NKP said...

A great meal for when you are just too tired to make from scratch. Looks tasty! I hope they bring the tastemakers program to Canada, looks like lots of fun.

Debbie said...

I think we all need a few of these "fall back" dinners for those nights we just can't pull it together.

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Wow! That looks perfect!!

You know WE are Saints fans down here. :)

Marjie said...

You are one lucky duck! Looks like wonderful soup.

buffalodick said...

Looked tasty! I have to send in the paperwork, and soon will be a Featured Publisher on Foodbuzz also!

The JR said...

That looks pretty darn good for a package mix.
Ramona

Sherri Murphy said...

I've never used a packet for this, but if you say it was good, I'll give it a try.

Reeni said...

This looks yummy!! Sounds like a great place to order from. I bet they have hard to find products.

Debbie said...

Looks similar to egg drop soup and I LOVE egg drop soup!!!

Katy ~ said...

I've used this product; it's really very good indeed. As good as our local Chinese takeout.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so up my ally!!
And Asian soup is one of my faves!

teresa said...

I LOVE this kind of soup, it looks delicious!

pam said...

Well I don't know who New Orleans is playing, but I picked them in my football league. I pick by which city I would rather live in, and New Orleans won.

Anonymous said...

Tee hee, sorry, since I grew up Asian food, I'm alway amused to hear people so excited about it! ;-)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I've never had an Egg Flower Soup before but that sounds delicious.

Chris said...

I was so happy when Sunshine Market opened here in Knoxville last year. They have aisles and aisles of this stuff.

Elizabeth said...

Go Saints! Black and Gold Superbowl!

Your soup looks like perfection!