Friday, November 14, 2008

Fleur Di Lis Pasta







I have been exploring and testing for over a month on what to make with my homemade pumpkin puree. The test kitchen has been buzzing with activity. We came up with this decadent pasta recipe. Pumpkins are plentiful during the fall months and are sometimes forgotten after the thrill of the colors have faded and the last trick or treater has knocked on your door. This recipe uses pumpkin purée to create an interesting pasta dish. You can purchase canned pumpkin or make your own fresh purée by clicking here.

Fleur Di Lis Pasta -

Cook 1 lb. of penne pasta until al dente.






In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Sauté 1 onion chopped, 1 roasted red bell pepper diced and 1 tablespoon minced garlic for about 5 minutes.



Add 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup shredded pecorino romano cheese to skillet.



Stir to combine and let simmer for about a minute.




Add 2 cups of heavy cream and bring to a slow simmer. Simmer until reduced and slightly thickened. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and sea salt to taste.







Add cooked and drained penne to the skillet and blend with sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley. If you love pumpkin and pasta, you've finally come home. If you don't, you've finally come home.

10 comments:

gigi said...

Oh my gracious, this sounds absolutly wonderful! What a way to use your pumpkin puree. See the difference in me and you, I'm always looking for something sweet to make with my puree. Yea! you taught me something new again.

Debbie said...

Wow...that looks wonderful. I never would have thought of adding pumpkin. I love pumpkin and pasta!!!

Marjie said...

Sounds very interesting indeed! We serve a lot of pasta side dishes hereabouts.

Maria said...

I love the looks of this one! What a great way to use up some pumpkin!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

It looks interesting and wonderful.

Pam said...

I love the idea of using pumpkin puree with pasta. I am sure it tasted delicious.

Reeni said...

This looks wonderful! Pasta + Pumpkin + Cream = heavenly! Thanks for the link on how to cut up a pumpkin and make puree. I have two to cut up this weekend and thanks to you I know how!

Joie de vivre said...

That sounds rich and sinful! Yummy.

La Bella Cooks said...

This truly sounds wonderful and I never would have thought pumpkin and pasta would ever be a combo. Sounds fantastic!

Aggie said...

I'm roasting some pumpkin as we speak...going to check out your pumpkin post from a while back but this caught my eye! I've never tried pumpkin and pasta but I just know I will love it! Sounds so good!