Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cranberry-Barbecue Chicken Wings

I want to thank all of you for all of your wonderful and encouraging comments on the "Grilling Sauces" post. The Cranberry-Barbecue Chicken Wing Sauce was concocted about six years ago because of my love of cranberries. I happened to have a can in the pantry that summer that was probably leftover from the holidays. I stared at that can and tried to think of something I could do with it. Until I made these wings last night, I forgot how light this sauce was and how wonderful it smelled on the grill. I'm serious, if I did drugs, I'd do the smell of this sauce on the grill...does that make sense?


Cranberry-Barbecue Chicken Wings -




Place your chicken wings in a shallow dish. In a 2-quart sauce pan over medium-low heat, mix together 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce, 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Creole or brown grain mustard, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons Louisiana Hot Sauce. Stir these ingredients until smooth.



Pour sauce over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.



Place wings on grill and reserve marinade sauce. Cook on medium-low heat on grill turning as necessary and brushing with reserved marinade sauce. Cook time about 25 to 30 minutes.




Keep eating until you've finished the last wing, groan, take a nap. I won't tell anyone. Seriously, once you take these wings off the grill, you will be attacked.

No comments: