Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Penne

I was trying to think of a different tasting pasta dish to serve last night for dinner. My mind was blank. I started rummaging through the pantry and found a jar of roasted red peppers I had bought either just to have on hand or for something I had not made. I looked at the jar and started thinking and came up with this. I surprised at how fresh and light this tasted with the roasted red peppers. This is a keeper



Red Pepper Penne - Boil 1 lb. penne rigate pasta in salted water and drain. Place warm, drained pasta in a bowl and add 2 cloves garlic minced, 1/2 cup roasted pecans chopped fine, 1 jar roasted red peppers julienned, 1/2 cup Parmesan Reggiano, 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs and 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. Toss pasta to blend and serve as a side dish.

1 comment:

Recipeswap said...

Hi Katherine,

Smoky mountain is such a beautiful place.
Your pasta looks yum :) and seems quite easy too.
Thanks for looking at my blog,yes you should give it a try,its simple yet delicious.