Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pan Seared Crusted Sirloin

Today I want you to embrace the sirloin. There are many cuts of beef out there, but I happened upon these sirloins when I was shopping at the food club the other day. The color and the marbling looked good so I picked them up. Now you have to remember, I am married to the love of my life, but he doesn't eat too much that's fun. Our two beautiful daughters would prefer to live off of pizza and tacos. I've had to learn how adapt.



Pan Seared Crusted Sirloin - First, make a dry rub by mixing together n a small bowl 1 tablespoon of Lawry's Season Salt and 3 tablespoons of Lemon Pepper. I know, mixing "prepared" seasonings will offend the food snobs (I used to be one too). What's wrong with using prepared ingredients and getting a little help from the grocery store if it makes the end product delicious and my husband happy? Liberally spread the rub over the top of your beef and spread it out evenly with your hands. Don't be shy, put the rub on very generously. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is heated, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Using tongs, place the sirloins in the skillet, seasoned side down and cook for 4 minutes. Be careful not to crowd the pan, These cook quick so you can cook them in batches. While the sirloin is cooking, liberally season the unseasoned side of the meat and turn using the tongs and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm and for the juices to redistribute throughout the meat. Serve with your favorite style potato and a salad.



Cook these sirloins this week. Serve them to your family, your grandma, your uncle, your friends or yourself. Then pat yourself on the back, because you have embraced one of the most basic dishes - you’ve embraced THE SIRLOIN!









No comments: