Friday, June 3, 2011

Chive and Cheddar Biscuits

Imagine my surprise when I found a package of washed chives in the fridge from a couple of nights ago that I had forgotten about.  I couldn't let these babies go to waste so I put them on the counter and thought about what to do with them.  Something easy, something that wouldn't  require a huge commitment.

 Remember my Favorite Biscuits?  A couple of additions and talk about awesome!  So now you know how versatile these biscuits are.

2 cups self rising flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped Italian Parsley (optional)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1½ cups heavy whipping cream

Don't have have self-rising flour, no problem!  You can turn your AP flour into self-rising flour in a snap! For each cup of self-rising flour, use one cup of all-purpose flour and add 1-1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.

Mix all of the ingredients together until dough forms a ball using a fork or your hands. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for about 1 minute. Roll dough out to ½ inch thickness and cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Siplat and bake at 425F for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.

Have a great weekend and use sun block!


John Roberts said...

Yes, in this era of the Obama economy, we cannot be wasting anything, including our chives! Thanks for this delicious, and might I add, patriotic dish for these desperate days.

Pam said...

Hey stranger - hope all is well!

The biscuits look so good... I know I would eat way more than I should.

teresa said...

so yummy! i could eat a whole bunch of these!

Cheryl said...

What a great idea, hope you are enjoying some great weather!

MaryBeth said...

These sound amazing...give me a handful and some soup I would be a happy girl.

The Japanese Redneck said...

We luv biscuits....I think it's un-Southern not to luv them.

Chris said...

You ain't just chive talking :) These look like some great biscuits.