Sunday, August 23, 2009

Smirnoff Summer Entertaining Extravaganza

I am very excited to report that the wonderful people over at Foodbuzz chose me to host a party to introduce two new Smirnoff cocktails to my friends and neighbors. After a hectic first week of school we were all ready to let our hair down and relax with some tasty Smirnoff cocktails.




I received this package from Foodbuzz. What a perfect way to get a party off on the right foot. Thanks Foodbuzz!








I was very inspired with these two new cocktail flavors from Smirnoff. Tuscan Lemonade and Mojito. All of our guests enjoyed them both. It was hard for me to pick a favorite. The inspirational flavor or key ingredient was lime. I carried these citrus flavors into the food served. Watch!




We started off with Charred Corn Salsa with Blue Chips flavored with lots of lime!





The chips and salsa went down really smooth with this!


We marinated shrimp in lime juice, garlic, a touch of olive oil and a sprinkle of cayenne and grilled them on medium-high heat.



Jennifer and Joyce, our neighbors loved the shrimp.





The guys were loving watching the Sharpie 500.



How about some Roasted Corn with Lime Crostini? I'll have the recipe for you this week. This was a party favorite. Anyway, who said not to try new recipes when you're entertaining?






Here's our host and grill master, A.J. He really liked the Mojito.


We got Angie to switch from beer to Mojitos! She was blown away.




Even a rainbow showed up for a Tuscan Lemonade! Yes, they are just that good!




Doesn't this Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce look fantastic? The secret ingredient in the marinade and in the sauce is lime. I'll post the recipe this week!





We had a split vote here. A.J. liked the Mojito and Kent likes the Tuscan Lemonade. Actually Kent and A.J. liked them both.




Grilled Salmon with Mango, Key Lime Salsa was gone in a flash.

I couldn't have a party with lime as my key ingredient with out serving my favorite Nellie and Sal's Key Lime Pie.

How do you celebrate the end of summer?


47 comments:

Bunny said...

The food looks fabulous and the drinks sound so good!!We they in individual bottles???

Donna-FFW said...

Your party looks like it was a huge success.. ALL of the food looks scrumptious! That corn on the crostini must be my fave!

gigi said...

Well if any one deserves a party it's you girlfriend. The food looked amazing and I can't wait for you to share the recipies. Have a great week!

Christo Gonzales said...

EXCELLENT POST! Three cheers for foodbuzz and SIX cheers for you! Super well done!

JodieMo said...

Everything looks delicious! And of course it's only better when there is free liquor involved. Can't wait to see the recipes!!

Sherri Murphy said...

Awaiting the delicious recipes. Looks like a great party!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

Good food, good drinks, good friends, what more could one want?

I just made a chicken satay with peanut sauce the other night; fabulous!

Marguerite said...

I sure would have loved to have been a guest at this fabulous party. Everything looks divine, cher, especially those mouthwatering shrimp! And the Key Lime Pie! Oh, you outdid yourself on this one, mon amis! Cheers!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a fabulous spread. You did the folks at Food Buzz proud. It looks like a really successful party. I love your menu and will be waiting for recipes.

Selba said...

What a great party you had at your place. The food looks great and also the guests :)

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a lovely party. Everyone looked like they were having fun and that's the most important part. But who wouldn't be pleased to attend a party at your house with all of your fantastic food. Please pass the chicken satay.
Sam

Gladys said...

What more could you ask for? Vodka, food and friends. Sounds perfect to me.

April said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!

Debbie said...

Dog gone! You know how to throw a party! Everything looked wonderful.

Chef E said...

I would like a crostini right now...summer, parties, vodka and sweet summer corn, now thats a party!

Anonymous said...

Your party sounds wonderful! I love the sound of mango, key lime salsa for the salmon!

Cathy said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Joanne said...

I love the lime-themed party. Lime is one of my favorite flavors to have in food and it is so perfect for summer.

Barbara Bakes said...

What a great party! I'll look forward to the Roasted Corn with Lime Crostini recipe!

Reeni said...

How fun!! All your eats look so delicious!!! I celebrate by going to the county fair which is always at the end of August here.

Dewi said...

Look like you had a wonderful time with your friends. Good food, great friends!

Pam said...

What a fun time with good friends and great food. I would LOVE the mojitos - they are my favorite.

Marjie said...

I am not ready for the end of summer yet. I do like your breakfast nook there! Looks like a great party; it's great that Foodbuzz chose you to be the hostess!

Maria said...

What a fun party!

Jennifer said...

How awesome! You throw a great party woman,I will assume my invite was lost in the mail :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so sad I couldn't attend. Of course, if I had attended, you would not have had a thing to eat!

Claudia said...

What a gorgeous spread! The lime-corn bruchetta, the satay, the cocktails. Oh! And my favorite - the shrimp. And the rainbow that came to bless your evening. A meal to remember.

Katy ~ said...

You bring the bling to hostessing a lovely party! Everything looks just divine.

NKP said...

What a great party! Such fun.

pam said...

I wish I lived close enough to go to one of your parties!!

theUngourmet said...

These drinks do sound mighty good, especially the Tuscan Lemonade.

I can never resist Chicken Satay!

Suzi said...

A feast to be proud of! Looks good. Want to come cook and play bar keep for me?

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The food looks fabulous! Glad y'all had such a great time.

Chris said...

Color me jealous! What a fun night!

Are you going to bother with the Food City Food Show this weekend? We went about 5 years ago and I was not overly impressed but it looks like they've tried to ramp it up a bit.

teresa said...

what a wonderful party, the food and company made a great night!

Anonymous said...

Lucky friends and neighbors! Your party was an absolute slam of success! An extravaganza indeed! :D

tavolini said...

Ooooh--I want to come to your next party! Wowza--every single dish looks excellent! I'm anticipating the recipes and really interested in that roasted corn crostini. Bravo, Katherine :)

Jeff said...

9 out 10 times I would go to mojito because I love everything citrusy. However when you have to throw lemonade in the mix I am now torn. Did anyone try a half and half mixture of them both because that is probably the compromise I would come up with.

Awesome party!

Jamie said...

That is one fantastic buffet table! Everything looks so delicious! What a fun party!

buffalodick said...

We don't celebrate the end of summer- we mourn it! Key Lime anything is a winner with me!

Greg C said...

I guess my invite was lost in the mail. :( Do you need my phone number for future parties? haha

Kelly said...

Looks like such a fun night- great food and fabulous drinks! I adore mojitos!

La Bella Cooks said...

What a perfect party filled with amazing food and delicious drinks. I would love to give the tuscan lemonade a try. Well done, Katherine!

Hornsfan said...

Terrific post Katherine - it all looks superb! I've been wanting to try the Tuscan Lemonade (actually my mom and I were chatting about it yesterday!), glad it was a hit!

The JR said...

What a great post. Lots of good looking food.
Ramona

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Wish I was your neighbor. What a party.

Heather @ chiknpastry said...

Hi fellow smirnoff party-er! Looks like you had a great time! food looks scrumptious!