Monday, August 4, 2008

Sassy Pork Chops

I've been hearing a lot about pork lately..."the other white meat" and I'm sure you have too. I've assumed that pork is another healthy option like chicken and fish. I'm sure you assumed this too. We had I guess you could say a health conscious main dish for dinner.



Sassy Pork Chops -


In a medium bowl combine 1-1/2 cups of milk, 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, 1-1/2 tablespoons white wine, 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt and stir well. Place 5 to 6 center cut pork chops and soak at room temperature for about 30 minutes.



Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a lightly greased wire rack on top of the baking sheet and set aside.


In a large re-sealable plastic bag, add the 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon `black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, and 1/4 cup grated Percorino cheese and shake to combine.



Drain the pork chops from the milk mixture, one at a time, and add to the bread crumb mixture. Shake to coat thoroughly. (You may need to press the mixture into the chops with your hands.)
Arrange the pork chops on the baking rack and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through and the breading is crisp and golden.



We had a health fest and I hope you do too.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Katherine,
This is exactly what I need to mix my dinner ideas up. Seems like all I cook is chicken or ground beef. I bet my family would love these sassy chops!

Prudy said...

Lucky me-I've got chops in the freezer. These are next!

Greg C said...

Don't forget about alligator. Another white meat. LOL I like anything a bit sassy. Sounds great.

Lori said...

I love pork chops, but I never think to cook them at home. I must try your recipe for Sassy pork chops. They sound great. I love the name too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the post. I have a question for you on an semi-related topic...do you know of a place around here (Knoxville-area) that I can purchase tasso?
Thanks for any advice you have!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Ellen, thanks for visiting. I don't know of any place locally where you can purchase tasso. I purchase it from www.cajungrocer.com

Their prices are reasonable and I haven't had any problems with their shipping. Let me know how it works out for you.

John Roberts said...

Pork fat rules! - Emeril Lagasse

Aggie said...

These look really great! I haven't made pork chops in a while, I will have to try these!

Paula said...

Oooh, sassy pork chops! Your coating sounds terrific with the inclusion of pecorino cheese. YUM! I'd like a chop, please!