Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crispy Potatoes

You have to make these potatoes. You'll see by the pictures that it doesn't look like I cooked 2 lbs. of potatoes. The truth of the matter is the homegirlz were snatching and scarfing as fast as I cook could them. Their poor father, well he didn't get any and the girlz showed no remorse. So, when you make these, do it alone.

Crispy Potatoes -







Place 2 lbs. of peeled and quartered Yukon Gold potatoes, 1 cup white wine, 3 cups of water, 1 fresh thyme sprig, 1 bay leaf and coarse sea salt to taste in a 8 quart stock pot. Turn to high heat, and allow the potatoes to cook until just tender ( about 20 - 25 minutes).






Remove potatoes from water, allow to cool, and then cut into thin slices. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook until outside is browned and crispy.





Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.





Mmmmmm, these are so crispy and flavorful, try them tonight with Tangerine Teriyaki Pork.Chops!

3 comments:

Lanny said...

Oh my! Those potatoes sound delicious!

Unknown said...

Hey there sister-in-law! I'm playing catch up again; these potatoes look great! I like the way the grilled chicken with sweet onion recipe sounds too. I've got all the ingredients on hand here and we'll have it tomorrow. No Monday night dinner blues here!

Prudy said...

I'm writing these down now. They look so very good. I used to eat something very similar to this in Chile called Papas Dorados, or golden potatoes. I lovedt them.