Sunday, March 16, 2008

You Have to Make These Apple Dumplings

I've said it before, I'm not a baker. I would like to be able to bake, but I guess I have myself psyched out. I am pretty decent if most of the ingredients are "store bought"; meaning I don't have to make the dough and utilize my measuring spoons. Somehow I manage to overfill those little guys and cause disaster. I've tried a few different ways to make apple turnovers and/or apple dumplings, but I found this was the simplest way and they are really good!




Apple Dumplings - Melt 2 sticks of salted butter in a medium sauce pan. When butter is melted add 1-1/2 cups of granulated sugar and just barely blend sugar into butter, then add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and slightly stir. Peel and core 2 Granny Smith apples and cut each one into 8 slices. Unroll 2 cans of crescent roil dough and roll a slice of apple into a section of dough and place each dumpling in a greased 9x13 glass baking pan seam side down. Pour butter/sugar mixture over dumplings. Pour 4 oz. of Sprite around the sides of the baking pan. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.


No comments: