Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Garlic Drizzle



For some reason I've been in a roasted garlic mood.  I think I just love the way it makes my house smell.  Most people Febreeze themselves silly, I'm silly and roast garlic.  That's just how I'm rolling these days!

If you're looking for a fantastic and easy dish to serve during the holidays, this is the ticket!

First, roast 2 heads of garlic  You'll need two heads of garlic, some olive oil, salt and pepper.  After you remove the garlic from the oven, allow it to cool long enough so you can handle it comfortably.

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Pork Tenderloin:

1 boneless pork tenderloin
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Season the tenderloin evenly on all sides with salt and pepper.  Place the tenderloin in a a medium size roasting pan and roast in a pre-heated 450 degree F oven until a meat thermometer reads 140 to 145 degrees, approximately 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for about 15 minutes.


Roasted Garlic Drizzle:

1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons water

Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves in a blender.  Add the parsley and balsamic vinegar and pulse until thoroughly combined. Drizzle the olive oil into the blender while it is running, then add the sugar, salt, pepper, and water and blend until blended.
Remove the foil and transfer the pork tenderloin to a serving platter and slice.  Drizzle some of  the garlic/balsamic drizzle over the pork and save some in a small bowl to pass around at the table for dipping.

Tip:  Garlic bread tastes divine dipped into the roasted garlic/balsamic drizzle.

Enjoy!


7 comments:

Big Dude said...

Sounds awesome Katherine - hope you, AJ, and the girls have a great Christmas.

gigi said...

Yum! I love the smell of roasted garlic and taste too of course!!
Merry Christmas!

Chris said...

Dirty secret - I roast several heads of garlic when my mom is coming to visit. Makes the house smell so damn good and it's way easier than baking bread!

Judy said...

Well, I love pork tenderloin and I love garlic, so this is a winner for me!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you had a good New Year!

Bunny said...

This sounds and looks amazing, my husband will love it. Thank you!

Lyndas recipe box said...

Total yumminess Catherine. I too love the sroma of garlic.