Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Asian London Broil

I am so jazzed that so many of you are interested in Lauren's soccer. They won last night (1-0), Whoo-hoo!!!! Check out the story and Sweet 16's picture here. Last evening very cold, but the game was such a nail biter, my blood pressure and rapid heart beat kept me warm.

So let's cook some steak - this is so easy and quick. I cooked two London Broils, the recipe below is good for one London Broil, 2 ribeyes or strips, 4 pork chops or a 4 chicken breast or thighs.


Asian London Broil -

Place whatever meat you are using in a shallow non-reactive dish or in a re-sealable plastic bag.


In a bowl, blend together 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended brand McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning), 1/4 cup Tamari dark soy, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 roasted red bell pepper thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch lengths, 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes, 2 large cloves garlic, chopped, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 2 scallions finely chopped.






Whisk ingredients together and pour over meat. Let meat marinate for about 20 minutes each side at room temperature. Place meat on outdoor grill or in cooking pan and pour marinade over meat.






Cook London Broil in a pre-heated 425 degree oven until desired doneness.




I received this award from Reeni at Cinnamon Spice and Everthing Nice. She has a fantastic blog with some truly sinful treats. Visit Reeni and vote for her Great Pumpkin Cupcakes! Thank you Reeni.


I am passing this award on to:




Gigi from Afterthoughts


Duckie from A Duck in Her Pond




April from Abby Sweets





Duckie from A Duck in Her Pond sent me this award. If you haven't visited Duckie's blog you must go there now! She writes very scarey Halloween stories, romantic twirling stories ~sigh~ and cute fantasy stories plus you get to see her eat ribs and candy corn! Thanks Duckie!


I am passing this on to:


Pam from For the Love of Cooking


Reeni - Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice


Pam from Sidewalk Shoes


Megan from Megan's Cooking


Candy from The Courageous Cook



15 comments:

Maria said...

I am so glad they won! Yahoo!! The meal looks great too!

Marjie said...

A good steak in a good marinade beats everything, don't you think?

And your daughters are doing great!

gigi said...

Whoo-hoo!! Is right! Way to go girls! That is so exciting. I love high school sports! It's the fun part of school. I know I have a little dancer right now but I so hope both girls will play ball of some kind or another.

So on another note, I've never made a decent London broil :( So the next time I catch a good sale I'm going to give this a try. I took your recommendation of using the McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning and I love it! I seem to be using it on a lot of things these days!

And an AWARD! Oh my, thank you so much, this is me a real 'Chocoholic' I even have Shelby hooked. She's not much of a candy eater, she just wants a hershey's Kiss, 3 of them! Thank you, Katherine and continued good luck to the girls!

The Blonde Duck said...

Aww! Thanks so much. I'm glad you didn't get too scared. Congrats to your daughters!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! And congrats on the win.

Greg C said...

Can you believe it, I have never cooked a london broil. You made it look easy and great.

priscilla joy said...

congrats to your daughters team! low scoring right there. thanks so much for the award...will be putting it up soon!
the asian london broil looks delicious!

Pam said...

The London broil looks so good. I love a good marinade.

Tell your daughter congrats on her win.

Congratulations to you on your awards - you deserve them! Thanks for passing it on to me. I really appreciate it.

Cant Hardly Wait said...

Thanks for that recipe... we're doing steaks this weekend for my husband's birthday. Yumminess! And yay for your awards and winning 1-0!

La Bella Cooks said...

Yay, they won!! Way to go!
I really enjoy a great grilled London broil and with the thai flavors. I think it really sends it over the top and it is one set of leftovers I will actually eat. I'm drooling a bit :)

Veronica said...

Glad they won!! Steak looks like an easy to make treat.

Prudy said...

Oh hooray! Victory! Nothing like a good steak to celebrate. I had your broccoli again last night. I'm hooked.

Debbie said...

Congrats to your daughter on the win!!!!! The Asian London Broil sounds good. I used to make London Broil all the time but it never looked as tasty as yours.....next time I will have to try this.

Jenny said...

What a good looking meal! My husband would be a happy man dining in your home!

Congrats on your awards too!

April said...

Awww, thanks Katherine! You really deserve these awards!!