The folks over at Carrabba's Italian Grill have been kind enough to ask me to pass the word along to all of you for their fundraiser benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association. As if that weren't enough, they also sent along a recipe for one of their new signature menu items!
Stop by Carrabba's Italian Grill for a worthy cause, great food and fantastic cocktails!
Carrabba’s Italian Grill “Mix it up for MDA” Event
What: “Mix it Up for MDA” Event, a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association
When: Thursday, July 30th from 5 p.m. to close
Cost: $15 a person
Admission includes a sampling of four food items from the new Mr. C’s Bar Menu and, for guests 21 years and older, one of three signature cocktails (Blackberry Lemonade, the Italian Lemon Drop or Blackberry Fields Martini) or another drink on the Mr. C’s list. In addition to monies raised from event admission, Carrabba’s also will donate $1 to MDA for each of the three signature drinks sold from July 30 – August 6.
Where: To find Carrabba’s locations near you, visit http://carrabbas.com/locator.aspx
Recipe: Chicken Parmesan Piccolinos
8 oz breast split Chicken breast, pounded thin (1/4 inch)
* Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 Beaten egg
2 Cups Seasoned breadcrumbs
2 oz Olive oil
4 oz Hot pomodoro sauce
1 oz Grated romano cheese
2 slices Mozzarella
4 slices Italian mini sandwich bread
1. Season chicken on both sides with the kosher salt and black pepper. Dip chicken breast into beaten egg and then coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
2. Heat olive oil, medium heat in a Teflon-coated skillet. Make sure the oil is hot before placing breaded chicken into the pan otherwise breading will absorb oil and not brown properly. Sauté chicken breast on both sides until golden brown.
3. Place chicken on a baking pan. Spread the pomodoro sauce evenly over the chicken and sprinkle with romano cheese, and top with mozzarella.
4. Melt cheese under broiler until lightly browned.
5. Cut to size and serve on Italian mini sandwich bread.