Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tres Leche



Tres Leche -


If you need instant gratification stop reading right now. This cake requires serious "inactive prep time". It is sooooooo worth the wait, so moist, so delicious... One of our neighbors shared a piece of this confection with me and my tween about a year ago. My tween has been asking me to make this cake ever since. Being a good mom, I finally got around to it. I mulled over a couple of recipes for this cake that I found and figured out the easy way to do this since I lack baking skills.

Bake a yellow cake in a 9x13 pan per package directions, plus add one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Let cake cool in pan for about 30 minutes. Poke holes all over the top of the cake using a wooden skewer or a fork. Set cake aside to cool completely. One cake is completely cooled, whisk together 12 ounces evaporated milk, 14 ounces condensed milk and 1 cup of half and half. Pour all of mixture over cake, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Next day make icing - 2 cups whipping cream, 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. Mix ingredients on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Ice the cake and chill until you are ready to serve. Keep refrigerated.


1 comment:

Memória said...

This cake looks really good!! BTW, it is called "tres leches" since the "s" is the plural marker in Spanish. :)