Thursday, April 17, 2014

Broiled Orange Roughy with Myer Lemon





This dish was born because I REALLY didn't want to cook dinner.  I've become a little lazy since the homegirlz are both away at college...my inspirations for cooking.  Did I tell you my oldest has been accepted to nursing school?  I am so  proud and to think they were  11 and 12 when I started blogging!

A friend gave me some beautiful orange roughy filets (one of my favorites).  I couldn't let them just languish in the fridge. This is just too quick and easy not to share!

2 orange roughy filets
1-1/2 tablespoons Emeril's Essence
2 Myer lemons (regular lemons will work just fine), separated
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter


Pre-heat the oven broiler.  If your oven have a high or low broiler setting, use the low setting.

Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.

Drizzle a little olive oil on each side the the filet, use you hands to thinly coat each side.  Sprinkle the Essence on each side the filet, use your fingers to distribute the seasoning evenly and coat each side of the filet.

Place the filets on the prepared baking sheet. 

Thinly slice one of the Myer lemons and place the slices on each piece of fish.  Quarter each tablespoon of butter, place under the lemon slices, dividing evenly between the two filets.  Sprinkle the sliced scallions and parsley over the tops of the fish and place the baking sheet under the pre-heated broiler.

Broil for about 3 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven.  Slice the second Myer lemon and squeeze the juice from each half over the top of the fish filets.

Return the baking sheet to the oven and broil another 3 to 5 minutes, until the filets are golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork.

 


 Sometimes, laziness makes for deliciousness! 


Pin It

No comments: