Monday, September 17, 2012

Grilled Redfish Aucoin

My baby girl turned 17.  Five words that bring a lump to to my throat; time has gone by way too fast.
 
She chose to celebrate her birthday at Joe's Crab Shack.

 
 
 
My Bebe' and her daddy.

 
My Bebe' with her BFF.

 
My oldest homegirl, the college student with her boyfriend.  So happy to have have them both with us to celebrate.

 
Me and my hubby, looking forward to eating some crabs!
 
The weather has cooled down a bit, the evenings have been picture perfect, why not grill some fish.  I struck major swag, my fish guy had red snapper!   Red snapper, the possibilities! Delicious, full of flavor, my eyes are still rolling in the back of my head.
 
2 each 8 ounce redfish fillets with skin on one side
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup of white wine (I used Chardonnay)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning (I used Emeril's Essence)
2 lemons
2 green onions sliced on the bias

 
 
 
Melt butter in a saucepan and add the white wine, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.  Spoon a couple of tablespoons over each fillet and then generously season with the Creole seasoning.

 
Slice one of the lemons and place the slides on the redfish.

 
Pre-heat the grill to medium and place the redfish directly on the grill.
 
 
 
Grill for 20-25 minutes, basting the fish with the remaining butter sauce about every 7 to 8 minutes.


Remove the fish from the grill to a serving platter.  Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the cooked fish.



As an option, I grilled 1 lb. of peeled and de-veined shrimp using the same sauce.  Only I put the shrimp in a disposable foil pan, poured the butter sauce over the shrimp and place the pan on the grilled and cooked the shrimp along side the fish.  The shrimp took approximately 10 minutes to cook through.  Spoon the shrimp over the fish and garnish with the sliced green onions.
 
 
That's what I call putting the "Aucoin" on it!

 



Pin It

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Such beautiful pictures! My oldest turns 28 and my youngest is 13. They do grow up soooo fast - too fast!

Penny said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. You cook some great looking seafood. Nice to see your lovely family.

The JR said...

Happy B'day to her.

I wish we had a Joe's Crab Shack. Their commercials always make my mouth water.

Your snapper looks so much better than the snapper we cooked last week.

Big Dude said...

Great family shots Katherine. They do grow up fast. Your fish dish is over the top. I thought it looked very good but when I paged down to find the shrimp topping, my mouth started to water. This is going on top of the try soon list.

David said...

Katherine, I'm sort of lucky that I didn't have a daughter. I'd have been a wreck during her teenage years. (Hi boy friend...did you know that I have a big gun!) As for dinner...damn that looks great! Very nice indeed... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Chris said...

Hmmm I need to see if any of that fish Brett brought back from FL is redfish.