Sunday, February 5, 2012

Grilled Buffalo Chicken Soup


Several weeks ago I joined Pinterest because I was finding several of my pictures getting "pinned" and I as wondering, "What the hell?".

So I made a couple of boards and found it pretty boring.  Then I saw a gorgeous picture of Buffalo Chicken Soup.  The photograph had been pinned so many times, after clicking and clicking, I could not find the food blog it came from or the recipe.  Talk about bummed.

The silver lining was, I was given the challenge to figure it out my own way instead of being lazy.

If you're a die-hard for the buffalo chicken flavor and can handle the heat, this is the soup for you!

1 package (1 lb.) chicken tenderloins
1 bottle (12 oz.) Frank's Hot Sauce, Original
1 tablespoon Canola oil
1 small-medium onion, minced
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
40 ounces chicken stock
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 tablespoons shredded goat cheese
2 teaspoons Ranch salad Dressing
Celery stalk slices (optional)
Salt and pepper

Liberally season the chicken tenderloins with your favorite dry rub or Cajun seasoning.  Heat a grill pan over medium heat or the outdoor grill.  Grill the chicken tenderloins until thoroughly cooked.  Remove to a platter dice and reserve.

While the chicken is grilling, crumble the goat cheese into a small bowl and add the Ranch salad dressing.  Stir with a fork until smooth, cover and refrigerate. 

Heat the Canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.  Add the onions  and saute for about 7 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add in the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.  Sprinkle in the flour, stir to combine.  Stir continuously for 5 minutes to make sure the flour doesn't stick and burn and to cook off the flour.  Slowly whisk in the stock 1 cup at a time.  Thoroughly blend in the stock with the veggies and roux before adding more stock.  Stir in the chicken, Worcestershire sauce and Frank's Hot Sauce and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Lower heat to simmer and add in the cheddar cheese and stir occasionally.  Allow soup to simmer for  20 minutes.

To serve, ladle the soup into bowls or crocks.  Dab a generous dollop of the goat cheese/Ranch mixture on top and sprinkle with the dried dill weed.  Serve with a toasted baguette sliced "buttered with goat cheese and a sprinkle of dill weed. 


Oh yeah baby, just call me iron guts, but you better say it with a smile = )



This is a picture of my mother when she was 19 years old.  She passed away Friday after a long and brave battle with lung cancer.  I will be out of pocket for a few days to travel to New Orleans to bury her next to my dad, the love of her life so I won't be around be commenting much this week. 

She would have been all over this soup....she LOVED spicy!  Keep her in you prayers ya'll.


Pin It

11 comments:

gigi said...

Oh, Sweet Katherine, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I know that is was also a blessed relief from her pain. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Have safe and blessed travels.
Loves and ((hugs))

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

well prepared & mouthwatering..;)
Tasty Appetite

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother Katherine. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family as you make the journey home. What a lovely picture of her.
Sam

Claudia said...

I am very sorry to hear about your Mother, Katherine. O will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Sweet to post a recipe and give homage to your Mom - it's all a part of who you are.

The JR said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.

Be safe taking her home.

Big Dude said...

Very sorry for your loss Katherine - have a safe trip. Great presentation of your dish.

David said...

Katherine, We're sorry to hear about your mother... Both of us have been through this and it's very emotional. Sad times... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Debbie said...

That recipe sounds awesome!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so sorry about your mother.

Lyndas recipe box said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother Katherine. she was a beautiful lady, judging by her picture, and I know you will miss her greatly. My prayers are with you all.

Chris said...

I am glad that she got to spend time with you before she passed but still sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family, Katherine.