Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Live Regis and Kelly!!! Update


5:30 PM  I am stuck in NYC - all flights have been cancelled.  I'm on my way to go have dinner with Diva on a Diet from Beach Eats.  As soon as I return I will post the pictures from today. 

Buddy from Cake Boss and Kelly Ripa were so much fun to be around...very down to earth.

Can't wait to share the deails with you!!!

A blizzard is expected to hit NYC tomorrow.  Snow is expected to start falling tonight.

I'm hoping I get out early enough...we'll see.

This was taken on 9th Avenue outside the the studio where Live with REgis and Kelly is taped.  Very cold and beautiful morning.

I did take quite a few pictures, a lot of them are blurry.  Who knew the building would vibrate that much!





The stage hands getting the set ready.




Gelman giving us instructions of not only when to clap but how to do it properly.  All of our arms are sore.



Regis during a break, taling to the audience.  He really seems to be a lot of fun.



Gelman getting the next segment set up.  Kelly made chocolate hearts and chocolate dipped strawberries that looked like they were wearing tuxedos. She is a lot of fun during the breaks.



We are getting together in about an hour for the cake decorating event in Chelsea Market with Kelly and the Cake Boss!



27 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

Ahhhh! You must be having such an amazing time!

Penny said...

Way to go Katherine. I watched that episode this morning and didn't know you were there.

April said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Debbie said...

oohhhh....Lucky you!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I saw the episode, and am making the strawberries for my wife...

details, details!

The JR said...

Awesome Katherine. Know you are having a very good time!!!

Unknown said...

How Fun! :)

Marguerite said...

Sounds like you're having fun in the Big Apple! Have a blast, cher!

HEATHER said...

So cool!! I can't wait to hear about the CakeBoss!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how neat---that you got to go to the show... I know you enjoyed it. I like both Regis and Kelly. I used to watch Kelly and hubby on All My Children...

Hope you enjoy the cake decorating event with Kelly...

AND--I hope you get outta NYC before the storm hits...

Hugs,
Betsy

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Stay warm and have fun.
Sam

NKP said...

What fun! You look like you are pretty close to the action.
Uh oh on the NY snow.. likely means we are getting it too.
Stay warm!

La Bella Cooks said...

I am glad to hear you are having so much fun! What a blast to be there..I'm a bit jealous, lol.

Sook said...

Oh how fun! I hope the blizzard isn't so bad. :)

Debbie said...

Sounds like you are having a blast Katherine...please keep posting the pics!!!

teresa said...

so cool!! i was actuall on the treadmill (of all places) watching them do the chocolate strawberries! i may have even seen you in the audience without even realizing it! so glad you had a good time!

Marjie said...

Wow, what a trip! Lucky you! Hope you don't get snowed in, because it'll be a couple of days straightening out. Well, I'm 2 hours west of NYC; you can rent a car and come visit.

JodieMo said...

Sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time!

Joanne said...

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you! It looks like you are having a ton of fun. I love Kelly, totally think she is a riot (if only she would gain five pounds...)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having such a blast! Have a great dinner with Diva on a Diet!

The Bramble Patch said...

I used to go to the Regis and Kathie Lee show a lot. (My ex husband is an airline pilot and we all flew free) All of us girls would go down on the set and have our pictures taken after the show and the lighting was so amazing. I even looked good, haha!

Glad you're having fun!

gigi said...

Jealous!!!! Yes, that's me :)
Being snowed in in NYC can't be all that bad, can it??

Treehouse Chef said...

I can't wait to hear all about the show.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Hey Katherine - just popping in to tell you how fabulous you are and what a wonderful time I had with you at dinner tonight! So very blessed to have met you and I hope we'll see each other again.

I also hope we don't get that blizzard and that you can get back home as soon as you can.

Hugs!
xoxoxo

meleah rebeccah said...

This is totally SUPER awesome!!!!!!!

Reeni said...

I've been watching Regis every day since I was a teenager - about 20 years now - how fun that you went to the show!

Katy ~ said...

What a fabulous experience! Ooooh, I am so thrilled for you.