Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Honey Mustard Pork Chops

Once again I was fortunate enough to participate in the Tastemaker's program over at Foodbuzz. We received some products from Emeril's collection and were asked to be creative.
Today I will focus on the mustard and Emeril's Essence.
One of the products we received was Emeril's Kicked-Up Horseradish Mustard. Did you know I love horseradish and spicy mustard? Well put them together and guess what? It's nirvana!!! So I had to think of something to prepare using this delectable treat that A.J. and the homegirlz would enjoy. The homegirlz don't share my affinity for horseradish.
The mustard is not overpowering and does not contain the grit that a lot of grainey mustards on the market contain. This was a win-win!
Many of you that have read my blog for any amount of time know I use Emeril's Essence in my cooking. Usually, I mix my own Essence, this is the first time I have used the bottled Essence. the bottled Essence smelled and tasted just a tad more garlicky than mine, but my philosophy is you can never have too much garlic.
Honey Mustard Pork Chops -
Heat a 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Generously season bone-in loin chops on both sides with Emeril's Essence. Massage the seasoning into the meat and set aside.


In a shallow pan (I used a pie pan), mix together 1/2 cup of Emeril's Kicked-Up Horseradish Mustard and 1/2 cup of clover honey.
Whisk the mustard and honey together and set aside.

Dip each seasoned pork chop into the mustard and honey mixtures and thoroughly coat both sides.

Dredge each pork chop in seasoned Italian bread crumbs. After dredging, pat the bread crumbs onto the chops.
Place the chops into the heated skillet and cook until the chops are golden brown and cooked through.
Place cooked chops onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven to keep warm until the rest of your meal is ready.
Both A.J. and the homegirlz gave me their official seal of approval and between you and me...I know A.J. got up in the middle of the night and ate one cold.

40 comments:

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

looks delish!! I think this is the best fb package yet - I can't wait to try the mustard, but the essence and the stock are both awesome.

SusanD said...

Sounds scrumptious. I'm thinking grilled chicken breasts would be good too. Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings, SusanD

Dewi said...

What a delicious pork Catherine. Love mustard!

vanillasugarblog said...

Girl I love horseradish. I would be more than happy to eat a ton of it with you.
These look fabulous my dear.

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Mmmmmm... mustard and pork go together so well, and honey too - it's just dreamy!! That's so funny your husband got up in the middle of the night and ate one! This Emeril mustard really is good. I'm a horseradish kinda gal too. There were so many participants that I missed out on this opportunity to try the products from Foodbuzz... but, I already had some of this mustard in my fridge anyway! I've used it many times in place of regular mustard and it really is "kicked up" and yummy!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love spicy mustard. Nice easy dinner.

Lyndas recipe box said...

The chops look delish...but then honey and mustard together is a perfect combination!

La Bella Cooks said...

Horseradish and mustard together? I have died and gone to heaven...I adore horseradish! I am trying this as soon as I get my hands on some of this sauce. I bet it would be good with chicken too!

Anonymous said...

This looks excellent - and SIMPLE! I love spicy mustard and horseradish too! I am trying this one!

Marguerite said...

Katherine, These pork chops look absolutely divine, cher! I love horseradish and mustard, too, so this one is a real keeper! Cute about hubby eating one cold. lol

Debbie said...

Katherine those look so good. My husband loves pork chops. I think I will try this sometime soon since we always have some in the freezer and this would be something different!

Cathy said...

These look incredible, Katherine. The honey mustard sauce sounds fantastic. I think I'm looking at dinner!

Marjie said...

"Honey Mustard" to me says that it's good,l almost no matter what it is. OK, maybe not honey mustard bat wings, but...

Sherri Murphy said...

Looks wonderful. Both of us have been in the pork chop mode here lately, huh?

Gladys said...

Gosh that looks fabulous. I really like Emeril's products. I don't eat pork but that chicken looks kickin!

The JR said...

What a great idea.
Ramona

theUngourmet said...

Fantastic! I've never tried Emeril's line. How sad is this! I guess I'd better get with the program!

The Blonde Duck said...

Sigh. If only Ben would eat pork.

Bitty's bark is worse than her bite. :)

I hope Scout had a good time!

Coleens Recipes said...

We haven't had pork chops in quite a while and these look delicious!! Thanks for the recipe.

Jeff said...

Oh! I can't wait to try this one!

Anonymous said...

The pork chops sound excellent with the horseradish mustard! Too bad I didn't get to try Emeril's stuff, missed it because of vacation.

buffalodick said...

Tasty stuff, I bet! In Michigan, we have a company in an old Polish neighborhood called Hamtramick-Dudeks! It is a mustard I would put up against any in the world! Want to try it? E-mail me, as this is the best balanece of heat,sweet,thick mustard I have ever seen anywhere! I'm of Dutch heritage, and I bow to this product....

Katy ~ said...

Full of gorgeous flavor!!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Full of great flavors and I love pork chops. Bam - Emeril would be proud.
Sam

lisaiscooking said...

Good to hear Emeril's products were well liked. The mustard sounds fantastic!

Selba said...

This is a wonderful recipe. I like honey mustard.

Jennifer said...

What a great idea, I got that same package and wondered what to make!

Carol Murdock said...

BAM! BAM BAM!! This is a winner!

Reeni said...

I love honey mustard and I bet the horseradish gives it a nice little kick. I'm honored that you made my cake! And so glad you liked it.

Christo Gonzales said...

nicely done - I have these things too and I am in such a creative slump I might just copy you......just kidding

Northern Thunder said...

This was perfect. And.... The kids loved it. I just reduced the Horseradish a little. A winner.

foodcreate said...

Looks amazing i will try !

Thanks for your recipe:)


Welcome~~~
http://foodcreate.com
post your comments join !

Have a wonderful Day ~~~

Lisa said...

These sound so good! Over the weekend I cooked some dry awful pork chops. I realized I'd basically forgotten how to cook them well. Time to start over. Your directions look like a good place to start.

Juliana said...

Wow, this pork chops look delicious...I am sure that the honey mustard will give a really special flavor to it...I will definitely try it!

Chef E said...

OH Katherine, I have been turning my nose up at pork chops as of late, just no desire to bother with them, but this has swayed me...hubby loves honey mustard. I can just imagine how great they must have tasted!

Unknown said...

yumm! and I agree...there's never too much garlic!

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It's hard to go wrong with this combo. Your recipe sounds delicious.

gigi said...

You are so funny! We believed you that they were wonderful. That mustard sounds so interesting, yum.

pigpigscorner said...

Love honey mustard! The pork chops look and sound really good!

Chris said...

Yeah, those look GREAT!

I still remember the very first time I EVER tasted horseradish, it was that much of a wonderful experience. I was sitting in a sports bar named Mulligans on Ft Caroline Road in Jacksonville FL. I ordered a roast beef sandwich on an onion roll and had to ask what was the WONDERFUL sauce that was on it. I've been in love ever since, love at first bite!