Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grilled Corn and Lime Crostini


Many of you seemed to really be interested in the Grilled Corn and Lime Crostini. Your wish is my command. I was lucky to snap off these two pictures. I was running a little late getting all of the food ready and a couple of my neighbors were really interested in what I was doing at the stove.

This recipe is courtesy of Fine Living with a couple of my tweaks.



2 ears corn, shucked
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
Coarse Sea Salt
4 strips bacon, julienned
1 Jalapeno, de-seeded, cut in half and thinly sliced
3 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
1 lime juiced
1 baguette sliced thin on a diagonal
2 cloves garlic


Preheat a grill to medium. Lightly brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt. Grill, turning occasionally, until the corn is charred on all sides. Remove and set aside until cool, then cut the kernels off the cobs.

Drizzle a saute pan with olive oil; add the bacon and bring to medium heat. When the bacon is browned and crispy, add the jalapenos and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the corn kernels and toss to combine. Season with salt and stir in the lime juice and vinegar. Toss in the scallions and remove from the heat.

Toast the baguette slices on the grill until lightly charred. Remove the toasts and rub with the garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the corn-bacon mixture.


Watch them disappear from your serving tray. Can you see how many are missing from the time i placed the platter until I grabbed my camera? This one is a keeper!

38 comments:

Bunny said...

Now see I would love this, I bet that bacon adds tons of flavor !!

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. It reminds me of Bruschetta only with corn and jalapenos instead of tomatoes and garlic.

Lyndas recipe box said...

This looks so good and with bacon it must taste great!I have some corn in the fridge now, so I can try this! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Claudia said...

Am very happy now. Thank-you!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

Oh yum! I just had a similar grilled corn dish at a restaurant last night and seriously couldnt get enough!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I love this. So summery and fresh. No wonder they are disappearing faster than you can make them.
Sam

Donna-FFW said...

What a perfect party appetizer, so fresh, tasty, colorful, and healthy. Id be grabbing at that plate too!

Joanne said...

I might use this as a topping for a pizza and then cover it in cheddar cheese. What great summer flavors! Plus everything tastes better with bacon.

Carol Murdock said...

Sounds delish Katherine! :)

April said...

OOHH, this looks delish!!!

Pam said...

My neighbor just gave me a bunch of corn - I know what I am doing with it. YUM!

buffalodick said...

I have some fresh corn waiting for this...

Debbie said...

Good mercy, you make me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Delicious! I love the idea of crostini with grilled corn!

Marjie said...

What a lovely entertainer you are. You even take requests! (My verification word is "Rele hot"! Did you plan that?)

gigi said...

This is so easy to be packed with such a great punch! I know we would love this!! You are good girl!

NKP said...

Oh goodness! What a great way to use summer corn!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yum Katherine... I love your recipes. Since I lived in Nawlins for 5 years, I miss that delicious Cajun food from there. This dish you feature today is one I would LOVE...

You are right about Fall being gorgeous around here. We do live in a beautiful part of the country don't we??? I hope we do get some snow this winter. We got almost none last year. I LOVE snow.

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

GarlicBOSS said...

O yes the bacon and the corn this sounds so good

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm very interested in everything you cook.

Oh yes. Bear loves to share his "kill" of my underwear with family and friends. He's just so proud.

The Diva on a Diet said...

I'm even more interested now that I've seen the recipe. It looks to-die-for, Katherine. Yum!

Jennifer said...

YUM YUM< I know someone who would swoon over this! thanks for sharing!

pigpigscorner said...

Lovely flavours!

Katy ~ said...

This looks and sounds sensational! The jalapeno must add such nice heat and spiciness to this. I would love this!! The lime juice is making my mouth water.

Heather S-G said...

Oh yes...that is the good stuff!

Reeni said...

I love this - such delicious summer flavors! I see why they disappeared so fast!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is the stuff dreams are made of. These look terrific, Katherine.

lisaiscooking said...

Grilled bread and this mixture on top sounds just great! I can believe these would disappear in a flash.

teresa said...

oh my goodness! these would disappear so quickly at my house, delicious!

theUngourmet said...

This corn is just perfect for crostini! What a great combination of flavors!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Anything with bacon and jalepanos in there! Yum~

Cathy said...

Oh Katherine. This one looks really really really amazing. I swear I'd be happy eating appetizers every day, and this one looks particularly delicious. I'll be trying this one this weekend for sure!

Dewi said...

Sounds delicious Katherine!

Juliana said...

Wow, this sounds and looks delicious, such a nice crostini to serve when you have guest, and the colors in it are so tempting :-)

The JR said...

Looks good, I love crostini.
Ramona

Debbie said...

Everything you make looks so good Katherine! Just got back from vacaton and can't believe how much everyone has been cooking since I've been gone! I feel lost! Love the shrimp from the previous post. They look so good! The key lime pie looks to die for!

Hornsfan said...

What a perfect summer appetizer, how tasty looking!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

yum! I dont think I wouldd even bother with the bread!