Monday, April 21, 2008

Crawfish Fettuccine

I understand some of you may turn your up noses at crawfish but where I come from it's "crawfish and pasta". The reason I have this cooking blog to share with you the things that make their way to my table. Does it taste good? Oh yeah! This is real simple, you have to make to make it tonight!
One note - This method is for about 8 people. You can easily cut it in half.
Crawfish Fettuccine -

Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. I know, this looks like five, but my tween was helping and she got skimpy, look at the one on the top to the right.


Saute 2 lbs. of crawfish tails with fat in the butter for about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of cayenne and salt. Add 2 shallots finely chopped or 1/2 a red onion finely chopped, 2 cloves of minced garlic and continue sauteing for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of Lea & Perrins, 2 tablespoons Crystal Hot sauce, juice from 1 lemon and 1-1/2 cups heavy cream.

Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes - until sauce thickens.

Add 1 lb of fettuccine cooked al dente to crawfish sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano and 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese.

Garnish with chopped green onions.


How can you resist something that looks this yummy?

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, that does look good! I'm not sure if I can buy crawfish up here!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Lori - Believe it or not, I found the crawfish tails in the frozen seafood department at Walmart!

John Roberts said...

That's what I'm talking about - tails at Wally World!